Quick Work Relationship Tips – Riana Milne, LMHC, CAP, Cert Life & Relationship Coach
Here are some Quick Tips for all levels of employees to ensure a positive work relationship with others.
1) Treat all coworkers with respect by listening carefully, paying attention and responding appropriately. Do not be impulsive, rude, demanding or demeaning. Always be kind, honest, professional and courteous. Be open about your feelings and allow others to do the same.
2) Set boundaries to make sure work friendships do not cross over personal lines. Do not date a coworker. Keep personal conversation away from the work place. If you have a good friend you tend to share things with, wait until after work or your lunch hour. The office is a hot bed for gossip, so it is preferred to keep personal topics away from work.
3) Keep a positive attitude and avoid negative talk, thought and criticisms. Be accepting of others and less judgmental. Understand and accept all cultural differences.
4) Have great communication skills. Listen carefully and focus on the speaker’s message so that there are no misunderstandings. If necessary, politely ask for clarification. Restate your understanding and any deadlines to ensure accuracy.
5) Don’t jump to conclusions, impulsively speak over others, or react defensively to a situation without getting the facts. Be a team player verbally and through your actions.
6) Resolve conflicts and negative situations quickly, directly, calmly and politely. Suggest a plan to help fix the problem and work with your fellow employees to fix the issue. If it can’t be solved, go to your direct supervisor with a written statement of concern. Do not bash the other employee, but mention the facts and ways you tried to solve things yourself. Be open-minded to the suggestions your supervisor offers.
Riana Mine, MA, is a Certified, world-wide Relationship, Love & Life Coach, #1 Best Selling Author, motivational speaker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Cert Addictions Professional at Therapy by the Sea; 15300 Jog Rd, Suite 109, Delray Beach. Her free App: My Relationship Coach offers more articles and her books, LIVE Beyond Your Dreams – from Fear and Doubt to Personal Power, Purpose and Success, and LOVE Beyond Your Dreams – Break Free of Toxic Relationships to Have the Love You Deserve addresses relationships with yourself and others. To learn more about Riana’s Life or Love Coaching programs or suggest a topic, go to Riana’s website, www.RianaMilne.com or email RianaMilne@gmail.com. Worldwide Coaching Phone: (201) 281-7887. Delray office: (561) 701-8277; Skype Coaching and FB: coachrianamilne. #LoveCoach, #LifeCoach, #RelationshipCoach, #SinglesCoach