Marriage Advice from Rev. Riana Milne – Riana Milne, LMHC, CAP, Cert. Life & Relationship Coach
Yes, I’m an Inter-faith Minister, proudly ordained in 1997. I’ve officiated weddings in the Atlantic City, NJ area in casino hotels, country clubs, catering halls, and even on the beach for over 18 years. I am also certified to do Pre-Martial courses and weddings in Florida and recently completed a pre-marital training with an amazing, same-sex couple, and congratulate the state of Florida for finally recognizing – Love for All! NJ was ahead of the curve, so I have done weddings for all couples, despite their ages, cultures, or sexual preference. No matter the couple, the advice I give is the same.
Looking back over my own marriages that sadly did not last, I did a lot of soul searching in 2009 and dedicated myself for two years by doing the research, training and certification at Relationship Coaching Institute while reading over 200 advice books from experts to “find the answers” of what makes a fabulous and lasting relationship. It is the basis of my book LOVE Beyond Your Dreams and my Relationship Coaching (Relationship Rescue Transformation System) I do now with clients. My wedding ceremonies are custom written from the heart, and I also use many valuable words of wisdom from various books of faith like the Bible, Torah, and from Buddhism.
Below are some quotes and tips for Couples in relationships or marriages, from my personalized wedding ceremonies:
- “It’s You Two Against the World.” It’s imperative you put each other first in your thoughts, words, and deeds. Unfortunately, many people take their daily frustrations out on their partners, instead of treating them kindly like a best friend. This destroys the affection and intimacy in the union.
- “Nothing is easier than saying the words and nothing harder than living them as promised to each other day after day. What you promise today must be renewed and re-decided tomorrow.”
- “You still must decide each day that stretches out before you that you want to remain married in truth, in each and every way.”
- “Love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never haughty, selfish or rude. Love does not demand its own way. It is not inimitable or touchy, it does not hold grudges, and will hardly notice when others do wrong. If you love someone you will always be loyal to that person.” (from Corinthians)
- “When hardship, sorrow and disappointment come, may you care enough to help one another with courage and compassion, neither one blaming the other…”
- “Do not ask your life partner to be any less than the fully powerful person that they already are.”
- “This is both God’s Blessing and charge to you – to live together with honor, courage, integrity and honesty. All the days that lie ahead will show the meaning of your bond.
- “Let your love shine through each thought, and word, and deed.”
- “May the light of the sun or a candle always remind you of the light that shines within you and your soul mate; with each flame representing the beginning sparks of the fire of passion you now share for one another. Always guard each other’s and your own Inner Light – you must never let the flame of passion and Love burn out. Do what you must to always preserve and keep the Light burning; as it burns for you both today.”
- “I will love you faithfully – Through the best and the worst, through the difficult and easy, in sickness and health – what may come, I will always be there.”
- “God give them the grace that when they hurt each other, to recognize and acknowledge their faults, and to seek each other’s forgiveness, with love and compassion.
- “It is remembering to say I Love You at least once a day” and “It is not only marrying the right partner, it is Being the right partner.” (from – The Art of a Good Marriage)
What were the words during your marriage ceremony that touched your heart, and do you live by the vows you promised to your partner so long ago? Is it time for a renewal of vows, or a deep and honest conversation about improving your marriage or exclusive relationship? Do you need some help from a Relationship Coach to get your passion and love back – or to recreate a relationship that is better than ever? The time is now. Step up to make a change for a better, emotionally healthy, evolved relationship; for you – and your partner!
Riana Mine, MA, LMHC, CAP is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Cert. Addictions Professional at Therapy by the Sea; 15300 Jog Rd, Suite 109, Delray Beach, FL. Also a Certified, world-wide Relationship, Love & Life Coach, published author, and motivational speaker, her free App: My Relationship Coach offers more articles and her books, LIVE Beyond Your Dreams – from Fear and Doubt to Personal Power, Purpose and Success, and LOVE Beyond Your Dreams – Break Free of Toxic Relationships to Have the Love You Deserve addresses relationships with yourself and others. To learn more or suggest a topic, go to Riana’s website, www.RianaMilne.com or email RianaMilne@gmail.com. Skype Coaching and FB: coachrianamilne. Delray office Ph: (561) 701-8277; worldwide Coaching Ph: (201) 281-7887. #LoveCoach, #RelationshipCoach, #LifeCoach, #SinglesCoach