Improving Corporate Relationships – Riana Milne, LMHC, CAP, Cert Life & Relationship Coach
Improving and monitoring your work relationships is essential to your business success and a major component of every long-term business. Establish company routines to keep your business moving in a positive direction. These can include:
1) Have an “open door” policy for managers and employees to speak about any current issues or concerns without penalty. Allowing them to speak freely and without personal attack shows you respect their input and suggestions.
2) Set up a suggestion system by email or written form. Those suggestions that are used can be rewarded with a certificate and small prize, given at a company meeting. This encourages everyone to get creative with “out of the box” thinking and often inspires the best way to improve a product or service.
3) Hold weekly staff meetings to keep both employees and managers up to date with changes or policies so that all follow the same rules. Discuss future needs and services that the company is attempting to launch to share the growth and vision of the company. Offer a treat of coffee and bagels or a sandwich tray so that meetings are something to look forward to. Start and stop on time, and have a light agenda, but time for questions and concerns at the end of the meeting. Reinforce and recognize desired behaviors and achievements at this meeting.
4) Set an example by modeling the behaviors you expect from others such as kindness, manners, being on time, professional dress, and being responsible.
5) Be clear as to what you expect by using clear communication regarding duties, time lines and results anticipated. Don’t make your co-workers or employees guess at what should be done and by when.
6) Encourage open communication with all employees and management by having all departments work together in a team effort Always be open, honest with all staff and address incidents or fights when they happen. Let each person be heard in a calm, respectful way. Teamwork across departments tends to stop unnecessary competition.
Riana Mine, MA, is a Certified, world-wide Relationship, Love & Life Coach, #1 Best Selling Author, motivational speaker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Cert Addictions Professional at Therapy by the Sea; 15300 Jog Rd, Suite 109, Delray Beach. Her free App: My Relationship Coach offers more articles and her books, LIVE Beyond Your Dreams – from Fear and Doubt to Personal Power, Purpose and Success, and LOVE Beyond Your Dreams – Break Free of Toxic Relationships to Have the Love You Deserve addresses relationships with yourself and others. To learn more about Riana’s Life or Love Coaching programs or suggest a topic, go to Riana’s website, www.RianaMilne.com or email RianaMilne@gmail.com. Worldwide Coaching Phone: (201) 281-7887. Delray office: (561) 701-8277; Skype Coaching and FB: coachrianamilne. #LoveCoach, #LifeCoach, #RelationshipCoach, #SinglesCoach