For Employees – Improving Work Relationships – Riana Milne, LMHC, CAP, Cert Life & Relationship Coach
There are certain things you must do to be considered a valuable employee. In today’s competitive work environment, it is important to know the following Work Relationship Rules to make your day joyful and productive. These can include:
1) Know your job description well and understand your responsibilities and duties. Never give you work to someone else to complete or do another persons job without asking permission. Be helpful and respect other people’s space.
2) Don’t be a threat, gossip or tell negative stories that are too personal for work. Your co-workers are not your therapist! Do not say anything that could harm your degree of professionalism or you don’t want other’s to know. Avoid topics related to sex, religion and politics or any bashing of a fellow employee or management.
3) Be willing to help others and share. Be positive in performing your tasks so your energy can be spread throughout your department. Be grateful for the help from others so that there is mutual respect for all talent and input.
4) Don’t be competitive with coworkers, be a part of a team you can all be proud of. Give compliments for co-workers input, and make sure they feel heard and their ideas important and considered. Don’t put pressure on anyone “to be better” then another worker.
5) Hostile work environments are created when employees don’t monitor their behavior. Make sure you are not being rude, snobby, harsh, demanding, angry, complacent, procrastinate on your duties, or impolite. Always consider the feelings and emotions of others at work. If you are not a team player, you will be the first to go. If you are someone “everyone likes” and respects, and are fun and easy to be around, then you become a joy to work with.
6) Be happy and share that attitude. Smiles and optimism are contagious and create a positive overall work environment. Give the best of yourself and be grateful for the work.
7) Be approachable and helpful. If someone needs your assistance or wants to talk to you and you are busy, gladly set a time to give them your full attention.
8) Keep a calm composure if a supervisor or coworker starts yelling at you. Don’t panic and stay professional. When they are done being upset, calmly tell them you would like the opportunity to correct the error. Then do it promptly and without complaint.
Riana Mine, MA, is a Certified, world-wide Relationship, Love & Life Coach, #1 Best Selling Author, motivational speaker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Cert Addictions Professional at Therapy by the Sea; 15300 Jog Rd, Suite 109, Delray Beach. Her free App: My Relationship Coach offers more articles and her books, LIVE Beyond Your Dreams – from Fear and Doubt to Personal Power, Purpose and Success, and LOVE Beyond Your Dreams – Break Free of Toxic Relationships to Have the Love You Deserve addresses relationships with yourself and others. To learn more about Riana’s Life or Love Coaching programs or suggest a topic, go to Riana’s website, www.RianaMilne.com or email RianaMilne@gmail.com. Worldwide Coaching Phone: (201) 281-7887. Delray office: (561) 701-8277; Skype Coaching and FB: coachrianamilne. #LoveCoach, #LifeCoach, #RelationshipCoach, #SinglesCoach